sábado, 1 de agosto de 2020

English Language Challenges

English Language Challenges




When I was a kid I really really really hate English, it was my worst subject at school and in some strange way the teacher always asked me questions and I’m not the most outgoing person, so it was very difficult for me. Now I think that I have more confident when I talk and write in English but my pronunciation it’s not the best.

I think that I prefer to write than to speak in English because I can write something that isn’t right but it’s not so embarrassing than speak with a bad pronunciation, but when I travel I definitely have to speak in English, so it is important for me to speak more and to be understood by others.

I love British English, I love it but I can’t understand it very well. Sometimes when I watch movies or series I have to repeat some scenes because I don’t understand. I just saw "Good Omens" on Amazon and it's very useful to improve the way I understand British English and the characters are fun.

I understand very well USA English, I have watched “Keeping up with the Kardashians” since I was little so I kind of have the way they speak but not so much, they say “like” very often when they speak. Personally, I prefer USA English and their way of pronunciation because it´s more easy for me.

Now I have been learning German and sometimes I mistake “is” with “ist” (that means “is” but in German), the pronunciation also is different even if some words are similar, so now that is a problem for me. 

Thanks for readinggg :)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario